Like me, if you laughed when Ovie from Love Island dipped into the freezer recently and pulled out his hat to cool down, and later found yourself thinking about doing it …please read on.
Being pregnant during the summer months does have it perks, although it can also leave you feeling hot, humid and heavy. Please check out our top tips for staying cool in the day, and at night…
OUR TOP 5 TIPS TO STAY COOL THIS SUMMER
- Store your moisturiser in the fridge
- Run cold water on your wrists – this will cool your pulse points immediately
- A cold flannel against your forehead is an effective way to cool down fast. This should help at night before going to bed too. Placed over the eyes, its also a soothing remedy for relieving a headache or eye strain. Alternatively, get that hot water bottle out and turn it into a cold water bottle. All you have to do is pop it in the fridge until it’s super cold and then use it to cool down
- You can also put socks in cold water, then pop them in the freezer for about half an hour, and put them on to cool down your feet – you can thank us later!
- Go swimming – head to your local pool, swimming is one of the best means of exercise during pregnancy. Just being able to float and not feeling so heavy will feel like absolute heaven. Whilst you are there it might alleviate some of the those swelling pains too
This article was written by Laura Joy Photography – a specialist Newborn Photographer based in Giffnock, Glasgow. Please get in touch to find out more about capturing beautiful and timeless images of your little one in their first ten days of life.
Do you have any other tips ladies? Please feel free to share below: